Financing Your Care
In our office, we offer high quality care and payment options that work for all of our patients. Below you will find a list of insurance and payment plans that we accept. If you don’t see your preferred method on our list, please call our office to find out what other options may be available to you.
Dental insurance plans we work with:
If you do not see your insurance plan listed here, we can submit a dental claim to your insurance company on your behalf. Although we are happy to do this, insurers typically process claims filed directly by patients faster than they do those filed by doctor offices.
Please ask our front desk staff if you are interested in being seen as an out of network patient. They can verify your provider and answer any specific questions you may have.
- Aetna ***DMO/PPO
- Assurant DHA
- Mercy Care
- ***Care 1st
- American Dental
- American Health Systems
- BC/BS of AZ (Dental Choice, Federal)
- Cigna HMO/PPO
- Connection Dental/GEHA
- CMDP (Comprehensive Medical Dental Prog.)
- Delta AZ/USA ***PMA
- Dental Health Alliance
- Employer’s Dental Srvcs. (EDS)
- Maverest Dental Alliance
- Premier Access
- QDC of America
- Savon Dental
- Signature Dental (GE Wellness)
- SouthWest Preferred/Secure Care
- Steward Health Choice
- Total Dental Administrators (TDA)
- United HealthCare (DBP)
- University Concordia
- Cash Discount: Patients without insurance – pay upfront with cash and receive a discount.
- Check or Credit Card: Always accepted.
CareCredit Payment Plans**
- 6 Months No Interest Plan for charges $300 and above.
- 12 Months No Interest Plan for charges $1000 and above.
- 18 Months No Interest Plan for charges $2000 and above.
- 24 Months No Interest Plan for charges $3000 and above.
- 24 Months 14.9% APR Plan for charges from $1000 and above.
- 36 and 48 Months 14.9% APR Plan for charges $1000 and above.
- 60 Months 14.9% APR Plan for charges $2500 and above.
**Based on approved credit with CareCredit.
Please note: Payment is due at the time of service.
As a courtesy to you, we will bill your insurance company and track claims. Please keep us informed of any changes to your insurance plan. You are responsible for the fees charged by our office, no matter what your insurance coverage may be. Most insurance companies should respond to the claim within four to six weeks. Any remaining cost is your responsibility.
We are here to help! Please call for more information about financing your oral health needs in our office!