Valley Endodontics & Oral Surgery’s office hours are 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Give us a call at (602) 996-2600 to schedule an appointment.
We recommend arriving 10 minutes early to take care of any necessary paperwork. If this is your first visit with us, you can find your new patient forms here on our website. Print and fill them out before your appointment for your convenience and to speed up your appointment.
Please note that any child under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on their first appointment. Preoperative consultations are mandatory for any patient undergoing IV anesthesia.
What To Bring and Other Considerations
To make your first appointment go as smoothly as possible, keep the following in mind:
- Have your primary dentist forward us copies of any dental x-rays taken in the past six months
- Print and complete the new patient forms available on our website
- Bring a list of current medications and alert the staff to any medical conditions you have
- Bring insurance information and complete any necessary forms available on our site
- If you are undergoing anesthesia, do not eat or drink anything for eight hours leading up to your appointment
- Remember to arrange a ride home if you are undergoing IV anesthesia
If you need to cancel your appointment, we ask that you give us at least 48 hours of notice so that we can offer your appointment time to another patient on the waiting list.
Your appointment slot is reserved just for you. To ensure you can make it to your appointment, remember to make any necessary arrangements with work, school and for your ride home in advance.
Endodontic & Oral Surgery FAQ’s
- What are your office hours?
Office hours are 7:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Our doctors are available for emergencies 24 hours a day.
- Can I cancel my appointment?
We request you give us at least 48 hours notice if you need to cancel.
- What should I bring with me?
To speed your appointment along, please print and fill out the new patient forms available on our website. Bring a list of all current medications, including over-the-counter drugs that you take daily, and dosage information. We also ask that you either bring or have your primary dentist forward copies of any dental x-rays done in the last six months.
- Do I have to have a consultation prior to my procedure?
A consultation is required prior to any procedure requiring IV anesthesia. Otherwise, you may want to schedule a consultation if you have a complex problem, other medical concerns, are feeling anxious or have a lot of questions regarding either your procedure or financing options.
- Do you accept dental insurance?
We are happy to work with most insurance companies regarding your care. We even do all the filing for you! Please remember that you are responsible for all fees related to your treatment even if you have insurance.
- What are my payment options?
We accept cash, personal checks and all major credit cards. We are also proud to offer multiple payment plants to suit your needs:
– Payment in full with information provided if you wish to file with insurance yourself
– Insurance co-payments
– Interest-free financing through CareCredit
- It’s an emergency!
Call us at (602) 996-2600. We are available in case of emergencies 24 hours a day and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.